There is a lot of information online as well as a lot of "opinions" on what your website should be. There are people like me selling websites, there are people critiquing websites and of course, people giving you their opinion on what will or won't work. I would like to help you sort through all of this by giving you a stable starting point.
There is a great common sense guide to knowing what your website should be. That guide is called "Don't Make me think" by Steve Krug. It basically changed my entire outlook on websites and will help you navigate your way through the copious amounts of data out there. Here is a link to the book on amazon and I highly recommend you check it out by clicking on the image.
With that said, here are 5 reasons your website can and will work for you to consistently increase the amount of people calling or schedule an appointment.
- Websites are cost effective - You know how much a website will cost for both upfront and monthly, it doesn't change. With a brick and mortar store the costs of upkeep can change month to month.
- Controlled Marketing - Your website should be a credible source for your business online but your website should also be a way to know what's working for you online.
- Credibility - Your site shows your clients you are the authority, your are the person who can help them sort out whatever problem they have. It's your way of communicating and building trust with people in your area.
- Open 24 hours - Websites are open 24 hours a day and that means you don't miss out on potential clients. Check out some of the features on our home page, to see how we utilize the 24 hour rule.
- The end results - The importance of a professional website cannot be understated. It will give you more advantages over your competition, be a strong income generating source every day and give your company high appeal.
Websites have become the backbone of any successful business. Especially, if you have a blog that is being used weekly. The site should be SEO optimized and set up with the purpose of both educating the end user and directing them to a call to action.
Amazingly though, many of the websites I have viewed recently don't cut it when looking at them on your mobile phone. Images next to text, text on top of images, missing buttons, links that don't work or loading that is way too long. if you're thinking about creating a new website or are in the middle of creating one, the first thing you should do is grab your cell phone and check out your site. Everyone else is since recently mobile views surpassed desktop views for the first time in the history of viewing websites. These numbers continue to grow yearly.
The good news is, there are plenty of website builders, developers, programmers, content writers, and niche experts out there to assist you in the execution of creating an amazing site to expand your business reach.
15 years of marketing expertise helping tens of thousands of businesses expand through intelligent promotions.